Article delegate-en/4066 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] ICAP and MITM
13 Aug 2008 19:06:27 GMT Inside User <p4ihqbdyi-n2ignz4zo65r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

DeleGate sounds like the only opensource project that stands a chance of providing similar features regarding MITM proxying of HTTPS, similar to that available in commercial products such as BlueCoat proxy.

I have read as much as I can on the DG site regarding ICAP, which is not very much.

I need to examine the content of all HTTPS sessions and forward their content onto an ICAP server where the content will be assessed for virus and violation of various policies (hate, racism etc.)

Until ICAP becomes a reality for DeleGate, I thought it may be possible to chain a Delegate proxy with a SQUID-Cache proxy, having Delegate performing the MITM and the SQUID-Cache doing the ICAP.  Is this possible?  Has anyone interfaced delegate with ICAP in any other way?

Thanks