Article delegate-en/4052 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: unusual application for delegated
05 Aug 2008 19:39:32 GMT Joe in MPLS <p2ihqbdyi-p53o7e626gtr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka,

Thanks for the reply.

Do the "internal representations of ports" consume resources even if
they ports aren't used? Unfortunately the server ports aren't assigned
sequentially in contiguous ranges. If I configured delegate using port
ranges there would be many ports included in the ranges that wouldn't
actually get used.

How high could I go when redefining the "PORTSSIZE" value defined in
include/dglib.h? The server(s) that I would use would be dedicated to
running delegate for this application.

Might running delegate as an SSL VPN endpoint be a better way to do this?

       ...jgm