Article delegate-en/4051 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: unusual application for delegated
05 Aug 2008 18:38:43 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Joe in MPLS <p2ihqbdyi-mnhipghms5jr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |TCP port open for EACH of our retail stores. In other words, every store
 |has a destination port on the server specially designated and configured
 |for that particular store. There are over 300 stores.
 |
 |I could probably configure an individual port on the delegate box for
 |each store, but I'm wondering if there might be a better way to do this.
 |Is there a way that this could be done more transparently? E.G. if I
 |were to route the traffic to the delegate box and it could decrypt it
 |and forward it to the credit host on the same destination port? If this
 |is not possible, how many ports could I realistically proxy on a single
 |box running delegated? The transactions are very small, typically a 5
 |packet exchange. The TCP connections are persistent. Once a client sets
 |up a TCP connection it stays up for days, weeks, or even months. Usually
 |until a network or power outage occurs somewhere along the path.

It can be configured as follows (for port number 2001 to 2050):

  delegated STLS=fcl TIMEOUT=io:0 -P2001-2050 SERVER=tcprelay://host:-

Due to the size of the buffer for internal representation of ports,
upto about 70 ports can be specified at maximum.  You can expand it
by enlarging the "PORTSSIZE" value defined in include/dglib.h.