Article delegate-en/4047 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP-Delegate will not cache in Linux
05 Aug 2008 08:47:35 GMT Jeff <pyqhqbdyi-xtqvdmy4nljr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

Thanks for correcting me. That makes sense now that you mention it. Maybe I
should read the documentation thoroughly another time :-)

I have tested after making the patch you suggested for the ARTICLE/BODY
problem and it works perfectly. The articles are now caching and everything
is working great. Thanks again for your time and help, I really appreciate
it. Will it be safe to assume these changes will be incorporated in your
main releases or will I need to use my patched versions from here onwards?

Regarding the "other NNTP clients", I was referring to the software that
users on my network are using to download via NNTP namely Newsleecher,
Grabit, Alt.binz etc

Lastly, some users on my network require RADIUS authentication (supported by
my feed provider). For this to work properly, I need to be able to insert a
domain identifier so that the origin server forwards RADIUS packets
correctly. Essentially, all that delegate needs to do is modify the AUTHINFO
command as follows:
AUTHINFO USER username -> AUTHINFO USER username@domain
Since the @domain part is static, it can be inserted by delegate using
strcat(user,"@domain") on each request

I have tried to patch it myself with little success :( Perhaps it could be
added as a parameter i.e. RADIUS-DOMAIN=@domainname - although I would not
mind hard coding it into the source code if needed since this is a special
one-time request.

I don't want to use more of your time but if you could maybe assist me with
some patch code as before, that would be very useful.

Regards,
Jeff