Article delegate-en/4020 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Testing the HTTP/HTTPS and FTP Delegate proxy
29 Jul 2008 07:31:44 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Jean Aumont" <pvahqbdyi-ry4zqcicjzvr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi Yutaka,
 |
 |Thanks for your prompt response on Question 1.
 |It is exactly what I was looking for.
 |
 |I wish you would had answer the second Question also.
 |You probably just missed it since my email was so long.
 |Here is the question again, can you take a look at it ???

 |Question 2 - Ftp proxy
 |# more ftp.cfg
 |SERVER="ftp"
 |REMITTABLE="ftp"
 |-P2021
 |# ============
 |# Section ftp
 |# ============
 |AUTHORIZER="-none:ftp:ftp.openbsd.org:10.*.*.*"
 |AUTHORIZER="-list{uid1:pwd1,uid2:pwd2}:ftp:ftp.sun.com:10.*.*.*"
 |AUTHORIZER="-list{uid3:pwd3}:ftp:ftp.freebsd.com:10.*.*.*"
 |AUTHORIZER="-list{uid1:pwd1}:ftp:*:10.*.*.*"
 |

 |With this configuration, I could never login to the Delegate FTP proxy
 |with the user id "uid2" or "uid3", the only user id allow is "uid1" with
 |password "pwd1".
 |This seems to be a bug in version 9.8.2-pre47.

You are asking somewhat unsupported or unspecified feature rathar than a bug.
The AUTHORIZER parameter, if not used as a MOUNT option, is for a DeleGate
as an origin FTP server not as a FTP proxy.

And I'm not sure how you can know which is the destination server when you
are trying to login, or how you will specify the destination server later.

 |Also, is there a way to give access to a certain destination
 |without any authentification on the FTP proxy.

Most of FTP client program ask the user the authentication before connecting
to the server, regardless wheter or not the information is used.
There is nothing to do by DeleGate to suppress it.

 |This is what I was trying to accomplish with the line:
 |    AUTHORIZER="-none:ftp:ftp.openbsd.org:10.*.*.*"
 |
 |But I do not see a way to initiate the connection to the FTP
 |Proxy without being prompt for a user and password.

Which FTP client program are you using?

Your usage might be realized extending FTP proxy so that is apply
authentication information as:
USER user@server + PASS pass >>> AUTHORIZER="-list{user:pass}:*:server"
Or by using DeleGate as a origin FTP server or a reverse FTP proxy.
Another solution is using NAT by iptables on Linux and use DeleGate
on it as a transparent FTP proxy.