Article delegate-en/4003 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp/tls +PASV +NAT
16 Jun 2008 20:14:50 GMT Darin Perusich <puahqbdyi-ry4zqcicjzvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

On 06/12/08(04:56) you Darin Perusich <puahqbdyi.ml@delegate.org> wrote
in <_A4000@delegate-en.ML_>
|First, if possible, you shoud setup your client to use EPSV instread of
|PASV. Unlike PASV, the EPSV response does not include the address of
|the FTP server but only shows the port number, like "229 Extended
|Passive Mode (|||12346|)" instead of "227 Entering Passive Mode
|(11,22,33,44,482,64)." for PASV. Thus the destination address of the
|data connection will be that of the current control connection
|automatically, and you will not be bothered with it.

The server I'm connecting to doesn't support EPSV mode so this won't
work. They are running a rather old version of WS_FTP.

|You need to specify your external IP address (11.22.33.44) as this:
|
|  SRCIF="11.22.33.44:*:tcpbound"

I tried setting this but it didn't make any difference, the connection
still timed out.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator