Article delegate-en/397 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Problem connecting to wall.etl.go.jp
06 Apr 1999 12:04:18 GMT Brian Truelsen <pruaqbdyi-lnxhrzu6wznr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Thank you for DeleGate. Looks pretty functional.

Though I (and others should) have a problem.

When FTP connecting to wall.etl.co.jp, I (for my part) am constantly
rejected with invalid password.

It turns out that your ringer doesn't conform to the SMTP standard (RFC822
I think)!

Your ringer connects to our mail-server with:

	MAIL FROM:ysato@ringer.etl.go.jp

where it should read

	MAIL FROM:<ysato@ringer.etl.go.jp>

Would you eventually consider changing it ?!

Cheers, Brian.

Brian B. B. Truelsen, MSc,  Systems Administrator
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute for Production Technology
University of Southern Denmark,  Main Campus: Odense University
Campusvej 55, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark

Tel: +00 0000 000f  -  Fax: +00 0000 000f  -  http://www.mip.sdu.dk