Article delegate-en/3967 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DeleGata as http / sftp gateway, for WebDav purpose - problem.
08 May 2008 15:22:36 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/28/08(16:28) you Martin Osterlund <ppqhqbdyi-5vjbujylmilr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A3964@delegate-en.ML_> (nntp://127.0.0.1:7119/~/Mail/drafts/12230):
 |Provide webdav access for all users to their homedir.
 |To do this without compromising filesystem security,
 |(eg. webserver needs full access for all user files, or run suid root or
 |similar), I wish to use DeleGate to provide an https -> sftp gateway.
 |

 |During experimenting I'am on a closed setup - will use http until I get
 |it working.
 |
 |I start DeleGate 64 bit binary for linux with the following command:
 |
 |../linux64-dg ADMIN=me@myhost.. -P80 SERVER=http MOUNT="/*
 |sftp://fileserver.fqdn" -v HTTPCONF=methods:"*"
 |
 |Using above settings I can browse my homedir using a std. webrowser.
 |However trying to use webdav, client will reject the url -- last thing

Your MOUNT configuration mapps any request to the top directory of the
sftp server.  To map the path name in the request URL, represented in
the left hand of the MOUNT, the right hand of the MOUNT parameter must
be followd with "/*" like this:

  MOUNT="/* sftp://fileserver.fqdn/*"