Article delegate-en/3963 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] encrypted parameter implantation (Re: parameter encryption with -Fenc)
25 Apr 2008 04:13:25 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Jan,

In message <_A3962@delegate-en.ML_> on 04/24/08(17:33:50) I wrote:
 |I should have said that the encryption of configuration parameters by
 |"-Fcredhy" (introduced at DeleGate/9.0.1 ) was a very tentative one without
 |ability of verification of integirity of the decripted data (with CRC or
 |MD5 or so).  Thus it generates broken data if a given key for decryption
 |is not equal to the one at the encryption, as shown in your case.
 |
 |I added another way of encryption at DeleGate/9.4.0 by "-Fenc" which is
 |simpler (without password repository) and safer (with integirty check).

I'm reminded yet another way to encrypt parameters, to be implanted into
the executable file of DeleGate.  In DeleGate/9.4.0, I introduced "-Fimp"
function to implant parameters of DeleGate directly into the executable
file of DeleGate, with encryption if necessary.
It can be used as follows:

0) see the usage

 > dg.exe -Fimp -h

1) implanting parameters (into dg.exe itself in this case)

 > dg.exe -Fimp ADMIN=foo@bar MYAUTH=user:pass

2) encrypting implanted parameters

 > dg.exe -Fimp -k
 **** _newPASSWD=imp:::passwd

3) execution

 > dg.exe -P9999
 **** PASSWD=imp:::passwd

this is equivalent to:

 > dg.exe -P9999 ADMIN=foo@bar MYAUTH=user:pass

See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/implant/> for more details.

And I noticed that this feature has been disabled for Win32 after
version DeleGate/9.8.1 since I changed the VC++ to VisualStudio 2005.
I fixed the problem in 9.8.2-pre27 which is currently available at
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha/.