Article delegate-en/3953 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:<b47f70fe0804120220m64cb0915y12f2030867e21b6a@mail.gmail.com>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: video streaming
14 Apr 2008 05:34:00 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <b47f70fe0804120220m64cb0915y12f2030867e21b6a@mail.gmail.com> on 04/12/08(18:20:14)
you "eddie t" <pm4hqbdyi-omp2wg37calr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I manage to get the video streaming working by using tcprelay (delegate is
 |run on 192.168.0.7):
 |*delegated -P88 SERVER=tcprelay://192.168.0.9:80 PERMIT="*:*:*"
 |REMITTABLE=+,http,https RELAY=proxy,delegate*
 |
 |The webcamera's webpages works perfectly (including video streaming) as
 |expected when connecting to Delegate as http://192.168.0.7:88.
 |
 |Now another snag with HTTPS from the client to Delegate (as a SSL proxy).
 |Delegate is run on 192.168.0.7 :
 |*delegated -P443 SERVER=http://192.168.0.7:88 STLS=fcl PERMIT="*:*:*"
 |REMITTABLE=* RELAY=proxy,delegate*

Your parameter

  SERVER=http://192.168.0.7:88

must be replaced with

  SERVER=https MOUNT="/* http://192.168.0.7:88/*"

otherwise the clients of your HTTPS-DeleGate server can't see it as a
HTTPS server.

 |This time, everything loads except for the video streaming (again!!).
 |Looking at the HTTP logs, I cannot see a request for control.cgi from the
 |client. I'm puzzled as to why the ActvieX object doesn't even bother to
 |start the video streaming. At least in my original problem, it tried to
 |start it, but the stream was getting closed prematurely.

Possibly it is because your SERVER parameter above.

 |Since I'm now dealing with HTTPS, I'm not sure what tool to use to
 |investigate the browser behaviour. I also want to investigate if the ActiveX
 |object doesn't like the HTTPS connection so it just doesn't bother to try.
 |
 |I've pasted the logs for the 443 and 88 delegates, as well as the HTTP
 |protolog. If you could give me any directions as to where I could
 |troubleshoot further,that would be very much appreciated = )

I think we should study based on the log of simpler configuration, as your
former one.
A possible problem is the "gzip compression for non-text data" problem,
which is fixed 2007/12/16 after your one (9.7.7).  Anyway it'll helpful
to do the test with newer versions of DeleGate, alpha version (9.8.2) or
beta version (9.7.8) of which binaries are available at
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha or beta.