Article delegate-en/3944 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: video streaming
01 Apr 2008 07:33:33 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Eddie,

On 03/31/08(13:22) you "eddie t" <pm4hqbdyi-bmw35hpvbtfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A3943@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I've just started using Delegate as a reverse proxy to access my D-Link web
 |camera from the internet. For extra security, I want to use Delegate as a
 |SSL gateway between internet clients and my web camera within my home
 |network (since the webcam does not offer https).
 |
 |Everythings works perfectly except for the video/audio streaming. The client
 |browser loads an ActiveX object which connects to a CGI script to stream
 |video/audio from the webcamera.
 |
 |For simpler troubleshooting, I configured Delegate as a HTTP proxy with the
 |following command:
 |delegated -vd -P80 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://192.168.0.9/*"
 |PERMIT="*:*:*" REMITTABLE=* ADMIN=me@home
 |
 |I've also used the following command but with no success. delegated -vd -P80
 |SERVER=http://192.168.0.9 MOUNT="/cgi-bin/* cgi:/cgi-bin/*" PERMIT="*:*:*"
 |REMITTABLE=* ADMIN=me@home
 |
 |Then I attempted to access the webcam from an internal client via the above
 |HTTP proxy.
 |
 |I used Ethereal to analyse the network traffic between the Delegate and the
 |webcam. I did a comparison to traffic when I connected directly to the
 |webcam, and found that Delegate sends a FIN right after receiving a HTTP200
 |from the webcam. It appears Delegate is closing the connection prematurely.
 |
 |I'm wondering is this the right config for video streaming with CGI?

I'm not sure but your logfile of DeleGate, around the HTTP request for
the relaying from the CGI, will give us hints.

 |PS, tried to attach etheral logs and delegate logs, zipped it to 250K, but
 |getting email server rejects cos message too long. Is there another way of
 |getting the logs to you?

You should send such a large logfile directly to me, not to the ML.