Article delegate-en/3943 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:<b47f70fe0803210719r2e1e1d74pdfdec1b387053f04@mail.gmail.com>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] video streaming
31 Mar 2008 04:22:30 GMT "eddie t" <pm4hqbdyi-auoevhg2zonr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

I've just started using Delegate as a reverse proxy to access my D-Link web
camera from the internet. For extra security, I want to use Delegate as a
SSL gateway between internet clients and my web camera within my home
network (since the webcam does not offer https).

Everythings works perfectly except for the video/audio streaming. The client
browser loads an ActiveX object which connects to a CGI script to stream
video/audio from the webcamera.

For simpler troubleshooting, I configured Delegate as a HTTP proxy with the
following command:
delegated -vd -P80 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://192.168.0.9/*"
PERMIT="*:*:*" REMITTABLE=* ADMIN=me@home

I've also used the following command but with no success. delegated -vd -P80
SERVER=http://192.168.0.9 MOUNT="/cgi-bin/* cgi:/cgi-bin/*" PERMIT="*:*:*"
REMITTABLE=* ADMIN=me@home

Then I attempted to access the webcam from an internal client via the above
HTTP proxy.

I used Ethereal to analyse the network traffic between the Delegate and the
webcam. I did a comparison to traffic when I connected directly to the
webcam, and found that Delegate sends a FIN right after receiving a HTTP200
from the webcam. It appears Delegate is closing the connection prematurely.

I'm wondering is this the right config for video streaming with CGI?

Thank you,
Eddie

PS, tried to attach etheral logs and delegate logs, zipped it to 250K, but
getting email server rejects cos message too long. Is there another way of
getting the logs to you?