Article delegate-en/387 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: User cancelled downloading, but DG continued!
02 Apr 1999 04:12:10 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/01/99(03:53) you "=?ISO-8859-2?Q?S=F6l=E9tormos_Csaba?=" <pdmaabdyi-xtqvdm3cnljr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A384@delegate-en.ML_>
 |i have the following (serious?) problem:
 |
 |one of my users had surfed on the internet. On the page "cs.wustl.edu"
 |he started to download 3 files: 1 .gz, 1 .tgz and 1 with .zip extension.
 |He see that these files are very large, so he cancelled two of them after a few
 |kilobytes. I looked at his harddisk, and he really has only the .zip. BUT I looked
 |at delegate's log. As I saw, delegates continued downloading all the three files.
 |There are lines in the log: "recipient seems to be dead", but delegate just continued....
 |And the files are stored in the cache!
 |
 |My question is: have I forget to give a parameter to force delegate to abort
 |when "recipient seems to be dead", or is it a bug? And how can I avoid it in the
 |future?

HTTP-DeleGate with cache tries to complete a downloading to cache
once initiated, even if the client which initiated the downloading
disconnected.