Article delegate-en/386 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Configuration file
02 Apr 1999 04:01:31 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/01/99(16:18) you "Ph. Gautier" <ppyaqbdyi-4z7oftawab5r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A385@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I知  wondering if it is possible to have a configuration file able to
 |contain all configuration objects. I when thru the documentation and
 |found the SUBSTITUTION command (=+file) but its not clear if it can
 |handle all configuration items.

Any parameter can be loaded with "+=URL" where the resource pointed
by URL contains a list of parameters in the same format when they are
given as arguments on command line.  Thus for example

  delegated -v -P8080 ADMIN=you@host..

is equal to

  delegated +=/path/of/file

where the /path/of/file contains following lines.

  -v
  -P8080
  ADMIN=you@host..

 |May I have something like
 |$ delegated +delegated_config.txt
 |where delegated_config.txt holds everything I want.

Yes. (but not with "+" but withy "+=" of course)

 |If you have such a file please give me it as an example.

I don't have such example unfortunately.