Article delegate-en/3825 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate as LDAP-to-LDAPS proxy (3)
06 Sep 2007 19:43:25 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Kevin Richter <pzyhabdyi-hugik5vosjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |there is a big problem with the proxy.
 |After one day of usage, there are approx. 30 delegated processes visible
 |(f.ex. with "ps -efa"). No one dies or exits. Since the LDAP server only
 |permits a few connections simultaneously from one IP, each application
 |using the ldap proxy cannot query the ldap database.
 |
 |After I kill all the processes and restart delegate, everything works
 |fine. At least for the next hours.
 |

 |My config is:

 |-P192.168.25.50:389
 |SERVER=tcprelay://1.2.3.4:636
 |FSV=sslway
 |VARDIR=${EXECDIR}
 |OWNER=delegate/delegate
 |DGROOT=/opt/local/app/delegate-9.6.3
 |
 |Do you have an idea how to avoid this situation?

You are using DeleGate as a simple TCPrelay proxy, so the DeleGate process
will exit on one of the following conditions:

 1) when the client disconnects the TCP connection
 2) when the server disconnects the TCP connection
 3) when there is no transfer on the connection for the sepcified seconds
    (600 seconds by default by TIMEOUT=io:600)

It is strange why your LDAP client and the server does not do such
disconnection after a series of LDAP queries.
You can shorten the timeout by TIMEOUT=io:10 for example.