Article delegate-en/3804 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Multiple POP alternatively
10 Aug 2007 17:50:44 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Eric Binger <p3mhabdyi-lnh3n2da2gdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |We have 2 pop servers (and more in a near future)
 |
 |   * each one has an equal MX DNS weight
 |   * password are synchronized
 |
 |so emails come alternatively on these servers (SMTP), who are located in
 |differents places and use differents ISP.
 |
 |We can setup each client to access one pop server, and use mecanisms
 |like fetchmail to grab mail. Therefore it is not reliable because if one
 |server (or Internet link) fail, the client cannot connect anymore.

If you mean those POP servers are completely synchronized and equivalent
about the contents (i.e. the set of users and spools), then you will be able
to unify them in the DNS level, or using the HOSTS parameter of DeleGate.
For example, you can give a pseudo host-name "popserver" to a set of
IP addresses "1.2.3.4" and "5.6.7.8", and refer the name as this:

  SERVER=pop://popservers HOSTS="popservers/{1.2.3.4,5.6.7.8}"

You can alternate the order of servers to be tried in round-robin by
adding a parameter as this:

  HOSTS="*/*/RR"