Article delegate-en/3803 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Multiple POP alternatively
10 Aug 2007 17:06:01 GMT Eric Binger <p3mhabdyi-xtc56tzuernr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
MBH, informatique Libre et technologies

Good Morning.

We have 2 pop servers (and more in a near future)

   * each one has an equal MX DNS weight
   * password are synchronized

so emails come alternatively on these servers (SMTP), who are located in
differents places and use differents ISP.

We can setup each client to access one pop server, and use mecanisms
like fetchmail to grab mail. Therefore it is not reliable because if one
server (or Internet link) fail, the client cannot connect anymore.

So, I want to use delegated to create a POP proxy, and based upon a
counter or a time schedule, transparently request the mail from one
server or the other(s).

My last syntax is :

delegated -vvdtsau -P110 SERVER=pop COUNTER=do MOUNT="*
pop://172.16.67.77/* COUNTER=mntpV" MOUNT="* pop://172.16.57.11/*
COUNTER=mntpV"

but it doesnt work...  Of course i've to change the * just after MOUNT
with the criteria, but even after reading the documentation several
times, i cannot find the right syntax.

Any idea ?

Thank you very much,
Sincerely,