Article delegate-en/3797 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Cannot get https-http gateway to work under windows
15 Jul 2007 11:20:07 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Knut Borchart" <p2ihabdyi-lnh3n2hy2gdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |i am trying to use delegate as a https gateway to a http only server.
 |Unfortunately i am running into problems. This is what i tried to
 |achieve: Clients are usually connecting to loadbalancer
 |https://serverABC.com which forwards the requests to
 |http://realserverABC.com.
 |
 |For testing purposes when the real loadbalancer is turned off, would
 |like to use delegate as the loadbalancer to allow https-clients to
 |connect to the http-only server.
 |
 |So i have mapped the load balancers address serverABC.com in my local
 |hosts file to 127.0.0.1 and started delegate like that:
 |
 |dg9_5_6.exe -vvv -P443 SERVER=https ADMIN=p2ihabdyi-lnh3n2hy2gdr.ml@ml.delegate.org
 |MOUNT="/* http://realserverABC.com/*"
 |
 |Unfortunately this does not work, there is an error in delegate output:

Which version of Windows are you using?
Your log seems to show that a socket is not inherited from the parent
process to a child process, which might be possible on non WinNT
(as Win95/98/Me).  Or you might have a firewall or AntiVirus software
which is blocking the inheritance.
If so, DeleGate will not work for any usage not only for HTTPS/HTTP gateway.

I uploaded 9.6.3-pre2 at ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha/bin-latest9/
in which I modified the socket handle of socketpair() to be marked as
inheritable by default.  It might solve your problem.

And you will need STLS="fcl" to make it HTTP/HTTPS gateway.
Also ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll are necessary to  be placed at the same
directory with dgx_x_x.exe (for example), downloaded from
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/bin/windows/sslway/:

The whole log of DeleGate including the one during its startup time will
be useful what is wrong.