Article delegate-en/363 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DeleGate and news
17 Mar 1999 15:58:36 GMT Derkjan de Haan <pnmaqbdyi-t7hpjinfobxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
Badmuts Inc.

On 17-Mar-99 Yutaka Sato wrote:
> On 03/17/99(23:29) you "Derkjan de Haan" <pneaqbdyi-t7hpjinfobxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
> wrote
> in <_A361@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |- My ISP uses the INN news server with throttling after about 30 articles.
>  |This
>  |makes downloading large groups extremely slow. Can DeleGate be configured
>  |download articles in batches of variable size, so that it may be set lower
>  |than 30 ?
>
> Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "batched download".
> Is it a feature in NNTP ?

No, not really. I meant the inn compile option LIKE_PULLERS=DONT. With this
option, after a certain number of messages inn will pause between messages,
thus reducing download speed. This can be avoided by closing and reopening the
connection every count number of articles.

regards,

Derkjan de Haan

E-Mail: Derkjan de Haan <pnmaqbdyi-t7hpjinfobxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
Date: 17-Mar-99