Article delegate-en/362 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DeleGate and news
17 Mar 1999 14:57:47 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/17/99(23:29) you "Derkjan de Haan" <pneaqbdyi-dyd2yvbva6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A361@delegate-en.ML_>
 |- My ISP uses the INN news server with throttling after about 30 articles.
 |This
 |makes downloading large groups extremely slow. Can DeleGate be configured to
 |download articles in batches of variable size, so that it may be set lower
 |than 30 ?

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "batched download".
Is it a feature in NNTP ?

 |- Delegate closes the connection after a very short period of inactivity (a
 |few
 |seconds). This slows down reading news, as the client has to reconnect each
 |time. Is this time-out configureable ?

If you mean the disconnection occurs between DeleGate and client,
it seems very strange because the default timeout on inactivity is
600 seconds by default, which can be controlled with TIMEOUT=io:NN.
I suppose the disconnection in your case may be caused by some other
problems, and maybe you will find the reason of the disconnection
recorded in the LOGFILE of NNTP.