Article delegate-en/3618 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Trying to get selectable-SOCKS working (application level routing)
25 Jan 2007 21:49:20 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Timothy Brown <pdyhabdyi-7pkjwodnwjfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Ah!  The missing link!  This is because I thought the SOCKS=
 |variables would override each other.

You can specify multiple upstream SOCKS proxies, possibly together with
multiple PROXY, MASTER, ROUTE and FORWARD which are to be tested in the
order defined in CONNECT, tried when the specified condition with eath
parameter is true, until a connection suceeds.

 |Are they additive or are they treated independently?  Could I do for
 |instance
 |
 |SOCKS="sockshost:1080:!*.local,sockshost2:1080:host1,host1"

No. It is interpreted as a list including strange element as this:

  SOCKS="{sockshost}:{1080}:{!*.local,sockshost2}:{1080:host1,host1}"

 |and then am I correct in understanding items not referenced will go
 |direct?

Yes.  It's the default of the "CONNECT" parameter as:
CONNECT="cache,icp,master,https,vsap,socks,direct:*:*:*"
See the description of the CONNECT parameter for more details.

 |How do I do the use case whereby I want certain hosts to to
 |go direct but all other hosts to go socks?

If the "certain hosts" means "certain destination hosts" then it can
be specified as:

  SOCKS="host:port:!host1,!host2"

or

  SOCKS="host:port"