Article delegate-en/360 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Help
17 Mar 1999 14:16:07 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/13/99(02:39) you "AFRAAZ.HAIDER" <pkuaqbdyi-dyd2yvccnoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A341@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Can Delegate be used as a proxy server on linux wherein the people can
 |Telnet to the outside world just like they access the web through a proxy

Like most other application protocols except HTTP, Telnet protocol
was not desined considering proxying, thus you cannot use transparent
proxying for Telnet with original telnet clients.
I think there are two ways to do proxying for Telnet.  If you have
a "SOCKSified" telnet client, you can use it with SOCKS-proxy.
Otherwise you can use some Telnet-proxy like DeleGate or FWTK,
for example with DeleGate;

  delegated -P8023 SERVER=telnet

then connect this DeleGate from your Telnet client like

  telnet delegate-host 8023

and then enter the destination host.