Article delegate-en/3563 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: relative paths
31 Oct 2006 20:07:14 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you p5igqbdyi-cv6iw6t5awdr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |I am using Delegate 9_2_5 proxy with a website that makes use of relative
 |paths, however these paths appear incorrectly under certain cirmustances.
 |I think I might need to configure the HTMLCONV parameter but I'm not sure
 |how.
 |
 |On my disk I have a file called
 |C:/eurobase/eTrader/de/pages/trade/main.asp and this file will produce
 |html with including a the the line;
 |
 |<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="jscript" SRC="../../ScriptLibrary/JScript.htm"></SCRIPT>

DeleGate does "normalization" of URLs in response data before applying
a URL translation for MOUNT.  The normalization is applied to get rid of
illegal references to URL which should not be seen from the base document.

For example, if the response data is from "http://host/dir1/file1.html",
and if the data (base document) includes a URL as "../../dir2/file2.html",
it is normalized to "/dir2/file2.html", or "http://host/dir2/file2.html".

If this is the case of your problem, you will be able to solve it by
disabling this feaure by turn off "normal" flag in URICONV.  The default
configuration of URICONV can be shown as this:

  % delegated -v URICONV=+ URICONV=dump

You can turn "normal" off as follows:

  % delegated -v URICONV=+ URICONV="normal:-*/*" URICONV=dump