Article delegate-en/356 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to: Use user authentication with Windows NT
17 Mar 1999 09:15:08 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/12/99(18:46) you pkeaqbdyi-t7hpjiox6bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org (Didier Wiroth) wrote
in <_A337@delegate-en.ML_>
 |How do you use user authentication with delegate. Some users are not allowed
 |to use the proxy server (independent of the ip address they have). Is that
 |possible?
 |Do you have to set up a user file with username and password or what?

If your clients are with the server of Ident (RFC1413) on each client's
host, you can specify (a list of) user names before (a list of) hosts
as {userList}@{hostList} in PERMIT or RELIABLE, for example;
RELIABLE="root@localhost"

In some protocols, authentication by username+password is supported in
protocol dependent way.  If your DeleGate is for HTTP clients, you can
use "Proxy-Authrization" mechanism of the protocol, for example;
AUTH="proxy:pauth" RELIABLE="*@ftpHost"
with these parameters, only users who can login FTP server at "ftpHost"
will be allowed to use the HTTP-DeleGate.

I made another trial authentication scheme for Telent-DeleGate. See the
description about "AUTHORIZER" parameter in Manual.txt.