Article delegate-en/3556 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate security flaw [Virus checked]
20 Oct 2006 01:05:55 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A3552@delegate-en.ML_> on 10/18/06(22:10:15) I wrote:
 |In message <_A3551@delegate-en.ML_> on 10/18/06(22:02:11)
 |you p3igqbdyi-5ilfsuprr5fr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 | |but in fact it is !. can i provide you with some logs to investigate this,
 | |or you can setup a simple scenario on your own an
 | |see it actually happen . no offense, but for the time beeing i have to
 | |switch to stunnel until this is fixed !
 |
 |Hmm... it is very starange. Are you using dynamically linked version of
 |SSL libraries (which has become the standard of DeleGate/9) instead of
 |the obsoleted sslway as the external command ?
 |Anyway, the log will be appreciated of course.

I still cannot figure out the case in which SERVER=delegate with STLS=fcl
does accept and connect to the target server even when SSL with the client
is failed, so your example and/or log showing the case is appreciated.

I did release DeleGate/9.2.5 this morning in which I think FCL=sslway has
come to never accept clients connecting with MASTER + FSV=sslway.  Instead,
it accepts clients to connect it with MASTER + FMD=sslway.  It acts in the
compatible way with STLS=fcl so that it accepts clients connecting with
MASTER + STLS=fsv.

    SERVER=delegate             SERVER=xxxx

    STLS=fcl <-----+      +---- MASTER=host:port STLS=fsv
                   +<-----+