Article delegate-en/3535 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: intercepting HTTP/HTTPS and its conversion using delegate
06 Oct 2006 06:10:14 GMT "Lito Kusnadi" <pzugqbdyi-p53o7e5t6gtr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

In your example, using port 8888, is it necessary to use port other
than 80? Or you assumed port 80 was used when you created the example?

Thks.
Lito

On 10/6/06, Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message <_A3533@delegate-en.ML_> on 10/06/06(13:38:03)
> you "Lito Kusnadi" <pzugqbdyi-p53o7e5t6gtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |I have an application server which transfer XML file to a remote
>  |server using the HTTP POST method. The application server I have
>  |cannot use HTTPS, while the remote server (owned by different company)
>  |only accept the XML document in HTTPS.
>
> Mediating between a HTTP client and a HTTPS server can be done with a
> DeleGate (as a "reverse proxy") which accepts a connection in HTTP
> from a client then connects to a server in HTTPS as folows:
>
>  delegated -Plocalhost:8888 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* https://server/*" STLS=fsv
>
> Then setup the client in HTTP to access to "http://localhost:8888"
> instead of "https://server".
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>  9 9   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology

Kindly Regards,
Lito Kusnadi