Article delegate-en/3534 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: intercepting HTTP/HTTPS and its conversion using delegate
06 Oct 2006 06:01:14 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Lito Kusnadi" <pzugqbdyi-uqy4d4uanhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have an application server which transfer XML file to a remote
 |server using the HTTP POST method. The application server I have
 |cannot use HTTPS, while the remote server (owned by different company)
 |only accept the XML document in HTTPS.

Mediating between a HTTP client and a HTTPS server can be done with a
DeleGate (as a "reverse proxy") which accepts a connection in HTTP
from a client then connects to a server in HTTPS as folows:

  delegated -Plocalhost:8888 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* https://server/*" STLS=fsv

Then setup the client in HTTP to access to "http://localhost:8888"
instead of "https://server".