Article delegate-en/3514 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp to ftp gateway +(optional TLS)
28 Sep 2006 19:19:11 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A3512@delegate-en.ML_> on 09/29/06(03:46:56) I wrote:
 |Similarly "STLS=-fcl" means doing TLS with a client optionally. In this
 |case the TLS negotiation can be either implicit or explicit because
 |the FTP server (DeleGate) can detect implicit use of TLS (SSL) with
 |detection of Client_Hello packet sent first from the client of FTPS.

I'm reminded that it is true for protocols like HTTP in which a client
talks first, but it's not the case in FTP in which server talks first.