Article delegate-en/3510 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] ftp to ftp gateway +(optional TLS)
28 Sep 2006 12:33:21 GMT Steve Brown <pd4gqbdyi-g7ilkrvxmhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi all,

Is it possible to configure delegate as an ftp proxy, so that a plain
ftp client can connect to a remote site, and *if* that remote site
supports TLS have delegate start a TLS encrypted session with the remote
site, and a plain session with the client?

I've read that delegate can behave as a gateway to an sftp server with

./delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp MOUNT="/* ftps://server/*" STLS=fsv

but (apart from the fact sftp isn't TLS) that _requires_ the remote site
to always support sftp. I'd like it to be an option.

For TLS read an ftp session negotiated up to a TLS encrypted session
still using ports 20,21.

Steve