Article delegate-en/3509 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Transparent UDP relaying over SOCKS
27 Sep 2006 15:11:20 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you David Ponzone <pwigqbdyi-znqnbuon67tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have a weird requirement for transparent UDP relaying over SOCKS5.
 |Let me explain myself.
 |
 |I have an IP-Phone A connected to my MacOSX, which acts as a routeur
 |to Internet.
 |The IP-Phone A needs to send/receive RTP traffic with another IP-
 |Phone B, using private address space, not directly reachable from A.
 |But my MacOSX can reach this private address space, as it can connect
 |to a Debian box C in this address space with SSH.
 |
 |So when my Mac routes a packet coming from A/UDP port XXXX to B/UDP
 |port YYYY, I'd like Delegate to intercept it to send it to C through
 |a SOCK5 connection established with SSH.
 |
 |Is something like this achievable with Delegate ?
 |
 |I know the best thing would be to establish a real IPIP or GRE tunnel
 |to C, but I can't find a software for MacOSX allowing to create IPIP/
 |GRE tunnels to a Debian or Cisco box.

Intercepting packets over IP is not the role of DeleGate as an application
level proxy, as it is not the role of a transparent proxy for HTTP.
It should be configured with some appropriate tools as ipfw for example.

What DeleGate can do in relaying UDP is getting UDP packets from (remote)
client host at a local port (8053 for example) and forward it to another
(remote) destination port (of server as dnshost:53 for example), and
then relay UDP packets between the pair of the client and the server.
It might be relayed by a SOCKS server (at sockshost:1080 for example).
The configuration parameters are as follows:

 delegated -P8053 SERVER=udprelay://dnshost:53 SOCKS=sockshost:1080

Since the udprelay + SOKCS is not implemented properly, I did it in
9.2.5-pre7 which is now available at ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/