Article delegate-en/3506 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Transparent UDP relaying over SOCKS
24 Sep 2006 19:47:16 GMT David Ponzone <pwigqbdyi-gztnjk7qfbnr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello all,

I have a weird requirement for transparent UDP relaying over SOCKS5.
Let me explain myself.

I have an IP-Phone A connected to my MacOSX, which acts as a routeur
to Internet.
The IP-Phone A needs to send/receive RTP traffic with another IP-
Phone B, using private address space, not directly reachable from A.
But my MacOSX can reach this private address space, as it can connect
to a Debian box C in this address space with SSH.

So when my Mac routes a packet coming from A/UDP port XXXX to B/UDP
port YYYY, I'd like Delegate to intercept it to send it to C through
a SOCK5 connection established with SSH.

Is something like this achievable with Delegate ?

I know the best thing would be to establish a real IPIP or GRE tunnel
to C, but I can't find a software for MacOSX allowing to create IPIP/
GRE tunnels to a Debian or Cisco box.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.