Article delegate-en/350 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Questions about Delegate
17 Mar 1999 02:33:31 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/12/99(13:22) you "Phill Edwards" <pkaaqbdyi-t7hpjipi6bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A336@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I found your web site about DeleGate and wanted to ask you a question about
 |it. Can you use DeleGate to modify the html before it gats passed back to
 |the client? I am looking for some proxy software that can modify the html
 |based on a set of configuration rules. The sorts of modifications it would
 |need to do are changes to font colours, changes to font sizes, changes to
 |the colours used in images, changes to widths of tables etc.

DeleGate has a mechanism named "external filter" and "CFI (common filter
interface)" to apply such conversion or translation filter for relayed
data via DeleGate. See "http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate-en/287"

 |The reason I need a product like this is because I need something to convert
 |html content into a format that looks good on a TV screen rather than a PC
 |monitor. Perhaps if DeleGate doesn't offer that you know of some other
 |products which do?

"external filter" and CFI seems have been used for several years to
realize various value-added proxy services including such kind of HTML
translation.