Article delegate-en/3497 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp/sftp gateway not working
15 Sep 2006 19:32:30 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Gsandtner Michael" <psagqbdyi-uqy4d4uanhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |>  |Moreover, is it possible to use public key authentication ?
 |>
 |> Yes.  If you can do it with the sftp command directly invoked on your
 |> terminal, it is also available when the sftp command is
 |> indirectly invoked
 |> on a pty (pseudo terminal) via DeleGate.
 |>
 |Something must be different.
 |When I call sftp interactively the connection succeeds with public-key
 |authentication.
 |Within delegate, called from exactly the terminal where sftp is
 |successful, there seems still password authentication to be used:
 |Could not create directory '/.ssh'.^M
 |sftp called from delegate seems to look in /.ssh for user configuration
 |files, e.g. known_hosts. But the correct location is /root/.ssh .
 |So it seems not to recognize the /root/.ssh/config containing the
 |IdentityFile directive, resulting in password instead of public-key
 |authentication.
 |09/15 11:04:03.38 [3858] 0+0: OWNER=nobody => OWNER=nobody/nobody(nobody/nobody)

You invoked your DeleGate under the ownership of "nobody" thus the sftp
is also invoked as of nobody.
The simplest way to escape the problem is specfying OWNER=root, though I
don't recommend it.

You shold use another real user as the owner of your DeleGate.  Creating
a user like "delegate" just to run DeleGate is recommended.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/HowToDG.html#subin>