Article delegate-en/3486 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp/sftp gateway not working
06 Sep 2006 16:02:32 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Michael Gsandtner" <ptugqbdyi-cpuahtid46vr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> Hmm... your login to the SFTP server seems simply rejected with bad
 |> password.  It is possible that DeleGate fails to relay a password
 |> to the server when the password starts with some white space characters.
 |> If so, it can be fixed with the enclosed patch.
 |> Otherwise, more log information with "-dG" option will be helpful to
 |> see what is the problem.

Hmm... your reply is sent in strange format concatenating my message and
yours and logs...

 |- the password contains only letters, digits and
 |> an exclamation point ("!").  Removing this exclamation point from the
 |> password does not change anything.- the http/sftp delegate to the same
 |> sftp server with the same user and password works- some mystic things in
 |> the log:-- the presented RSA host key fingerprint is not the one from the
 |> sftp server-- why is tried to use /.ssh ? The known_hosts is in
 |> /root/.ssh
 |Here the -dG log:09/06 17:21:59.95 [10982] 0+0:

Then seeing the difference between the logs for SFTP/HTTP and SFTP/FTP
(with -dG) will help us to understand why it succeeds in SFTP/HTTP and
fails in SFTP/FTP.