Article delegate-en/3464 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SPAM blocking by DeleGate (Re: delegate rejects domains not in the list)
10 Aug 2006 20:00:31 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Martin Papadopoulos <payeabdyi-cpuahtpic6vr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |unfortunately there is some real bad news !
 |even companies like *b*y do not follow smtp protocol with ehlo , ehlo-mx
 |and so forth.
 |i don't recommend this setup , not even to your site, because there is
 |definetly a large amount
 |of valid mails that gets rejected.
 |it is a shame, that such large companies do not folow rfc's and best
 |practices.

I'm not so surprised about it because I've seen so many broken HELO on
SMTP for twenty years.
But at least SMTPCONF=reject:nohelo is known practical because it is the
default of DeleGate for six years without a problem.

Restriction based on the MX record should not be done alone but it should
be used to activate other restriction like "callback".
Anyway, so far, my configuration SMTPCONF="callback" with
SMTPCONF="reject:pipeline" with SMTPGATE configuration is enough for me.