Article delegate-en/3459 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SPAM blocking by DeleGate (Re: delegate rejects domains not in the list)
08 Aug 2006 03:01:12 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Martin Papadopoulos <payeabdyi-cv6iw6rlawdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |it would be awesome if you could implement an smtp reject for non mx
 |servers.
 |i mean that if the reverse lookup entry does not contain a valid MX
 |record, or
 |to satisfy scenario of multiple mx records on one IP to checkout the
 |helo domain if it has
 |an mx record.
 |
 |it is only a request though.

Doing access control based on the (existence of) MX record seems useful
and I'll support it in the next release.
But "callback" will be useful to be used together with it.

 |the SMTPCONF=callback wont do the job for me. spammer dont care about
 |timeouts,
 |so this is not an option for me.

Yes, spammers do not tolerant with the delay and either

 - close without sending a message DATA, or

 - send message DATA without waiting response for preamble commands like
   HELO, MAIL, RCPT or so.  Such behavior of client is rejected by default
   configuration of DeleGate and the message DATA is abandoned.
   But this is applied only to the DeleGate as an origin SMTP with
     SERVER=smtp
   (I'm using DeleGate so). It's not applied to the proxy SMTP with
     SERVER=smtp://server
   because it's desirable to be toransparent when acting as a proxy.