Article delegate-en/3430 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] FW: [DeleGate-En:3429] Compilation problems of delegate 9.2.2 on AIX v5.2
31 Jul 2006 08:58:50 GMT =?iso-8859-1?Q?Majdak_S=E9bastien_=28DBB=29?= <plqgqbdyi-5bnwhwb2smlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Sato,
Here is the script (with commands and  printscreen), I got trying to make delegate9.2.4-pre4, "make CC=gcc"  and "make CC=g++".

I found an article on the ibm website that might interests you http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/articles/gnu.html.

Don't know if this help you  (found in "Possible issues when using GCC/G++ on AIX"):

Linking an application with an archive of object files (normal library, not shared library) produces error messages about unresolved symbols. This can occur if a library contains object files with references to symbols outside of the library that the programmer thought the linker would ignore.

GCC provides a wrapper around the system linker that scans all object files and non-shared libraries for constructors and destructors. This is done before the linker has an opportunity to skip unneeded object files in the library because a function or data may only be referenced in a constructor or destructor. The scan may find constructors and destructors that the application does not normally reference, requiring additional symbol definitions to satisfy the link. The alternative would miss constructors and destructors required by the application because some object files in the library appeared to be unneeded and were omitted but actually supplied required constructors and destructors. This omission would cause the application to break.

Regards,
Sebastien