Article delegate-en/3429 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] ftps fails to work with client side ssl utilized.... connected but directory hangs
30 Jul 2006 02:35:31 GMT Michael Ingardia <pmugqbdyi-5vjbujylmilr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

    Hello,
I am trying to use Delegate version 9.2.3 on windows ( will try on Linux
and solaris later this week) as a ftps proxy.  When invoking the server
as follows:dg9_2_3 -P21,990 SERVER=ftp STLS=fcl,fsv

The server starts up, and seems to be and running.  Using a ftps client
I can connect to the proxy and login, and even get to the target ftps
server just fine.  When I try to retrieve a directory listing however
the process hangs after receiving the "here comes the listing" message
from the server.  I have tried several ftps servers and get the same
result.  Connecting directly to the ftps server does not have this issue
( using vsftp on fedora 3 as the server).

Running the proxy as follows however does work.
dg9_2_3 -P21,990 SERVER=ftp STLS=fsv

But connecting in this way I have to have my ftp clients be regular ftp
clients not ftps clients.

I have also tried mitm for STLS and it also hangs upon trying to
retrieve the directory listing.

Thoughts?

Mike...