Article delegate-en/3428 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Filtering HTTP proxy & pictures
28 Jul 2006 11:23:19 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Xavier,

you "Xavier Cheney" <p2mgabdyi-t7hpjiml6bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |The problem is that I see quickly the "empty picture" (wich appears when
 |pictures makes times to downloading), and after the picture. Because files
 |are in localhost and not filtering, it's a bit unconvenient.
 |
 |>The time stamp in your LOGFILE may show where the delay occurs.
 |>Showing time stamp in microseconds with -vT6 option might be helpful.
 |
 |Here is my log file.
 |Do you detect any problem wich create delay ? For example, the
 |pictures "access.button_navigate.png" are quite long to appear (quite long :
 |between 0,5s and 1s).
 |If you have any idea to reduce this time, I'm interested,

Your log includes so many interesting implications.

 It might be a problem in the interpretation of "chunked" encoding
 + with Content-Length
 + in Keep-Alive
 + in Pipeline
 + on Windows

First of all, could you test with other (newer) browsers then the FF1.0.6?

 |07/27 14:37:46.280000 [3488] 1+1/6/5: Proxy: host=localhost; User-Agent:
 |Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr-FR; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717
 |Firefox/1.0.6; DIRECT

It could be the problem in the older Mozilla.

Or what happens if you disable "pipeline" feature of the Firefox (which
is disalbed by default, at least in the recent versions).

If the problem is reproduced in newer Firefox and/or with disalbed
"pipeline", one of the following switches might be useful to esapce
the problem.

  HTTPCONF=bugs:kill-contleng
  HTTPCONF=bugs:no-chunked
  HTTPCONF=bugs:no-flush-chunk