Article delegate-en/3416 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate revers dns
22 Jul 2006 22:03:06 GMT Martin Papadopoulos <payeabdyi-t7hpjiorobxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> In message <_A3414@delegate-en.ML_> on 07/23/06(04:38:15) I wrote:
>  |In message <_A3413@delegate-en.ML_> on 07/23/06(04:12:17)
>  |you Martin Papadopoulos <payeabdyi-t7hpjiorobxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  | |how can i reject hosts connecting to a delegate server that do not have
>  | |a reverse dns record ?
>  |Coincidentally, I also studied about it yesterday to ask valid
>  |E-mail address for anonymous login by FTP clients from a host of
>  |IP-address which is not resolvable to a host name.
>  |It should have been represented with "?" according to the Manual.htm,
>  |but not.  It might have been broken in a certain version in the past.
>
> I found that it is not broken and still usable :) So you can specify as
>
>   RELIABLE="!?"
>
> to reject accesses from unresolvable addresses.
>

> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   9 9   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology

works great !
btw it's in the nature of the universe for coincidences to happen all
along :-)

greetz
martin paapdopoulos