Article delegate-en/3407 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate crashing
21 Jul 2006 19:34:37 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you rghetta <pjygqbdyi-hugik5tsjnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 | > You seem using DeleGate as a proxy for HTTP on Windows, setting
 | > TIMEOUT=standby with the value larger than 60seconds, is this right?
 |I've attached my startup options below.
 |
 | > What does this "abort" and "crash" mean?
 |Sorry, I meant the delegate service process is closing unexpectedly.

I see. It is a probable result of the failure of inheritance of sockets
(for -Pxxx) on restarting the server process by (emulated) SIGHUP.

 | > I suppose this is caused when you specify multiple ports to accept
 |clients
 | > as "-Pp1,p2,p3..."
 |Yes, I have a very long -P line.
 |It's true that each port mentioned in a SERVER clause should also be
 |listed with -P ?
 |For example, to have port 20119 listening as an NNTP proxy must I
 |specify it with both with -P and in a SERVER clause?

Yes.

You need to specify SERVER=protocol[://server], the protocol with the
client, which is also the protocol with the server in most cases.
You need to specify any ports to be used to accept clients in
-P[host:]port option.

The SERVER parameter was extended to be conditional on the client-side
interface as SERVER=protocol://server:-:{host:port}, but the host:port
in it is just a condition to be tested.  It is not always so simple to
add this host:port in SERVER into -P, as in the following case
for example:
 -P1234
 SERVER=http://serv1/:-:{host1:1234}
 SERVER=http://serv2/

 |Or I've misunderstood the manual (most likely) ?

"-P" and "SERVER=" are oldest parameters of DeleGate since its begining
when it was born as a tiny proxy devoted for the Gopher protocol.
They have been left more than a decade keeping the backward compatibility,
thus the specification have become a little odd...

 |-t -vt +="e:/apps/dlg-conf.txt"

I can't understand why you specify "-t" option with DeleGate as a service.
"-t" is intended to be used with DeleGate running in foreground, with a
control tty, to redirect log outoput to the tty.  If used with a service,
running in background without tty, "-t" will disable log output.

 |-P192.168.101.4:8119/admin,192.168.101.4:20119,15110,15115,192.168.101.4:23