Article delegate-en/3386 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Detaching from terminal not good, SSH session hangs on logout
12 Jul 2006 08:12:02 GMT Steffen Kaiser <p44eqbdyi-hugik5r7znxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello,

when I start the delegate demon from within a SSH session, the session
hangs upon logout. Lately I came across the same problem for yet another
program, too, and there the problem was addressed to "demonize properly",
e.g. as described by:

http://www.erlenstar.demon.co.uk/unix/faq_2.html#SEC16

The most important trick is to fork() twice, so the process becomes its
own process group and is detached from any terminal and process group.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser