Article delegate-en/3233 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File size issue with FTP cache
22 May 2006 11:41:11 GMT Steve Brown <ps4gabdyi-h3lluofwmrxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Yutaka Sato wrote:

> The patch for Steffen does not include the handling of SIGXFSZ signal.

Oops. Missed that.

> If you did it with the "cp" or "cat" command on the same host where
> DeleGate runs, then it shows some hint.

I used the 'cp' command, and it successfully copied a 4.7GB image from
the DVD drive to the filesystem that Delegate uses for cacheing.

> I uploaded 9.2.2-pre1 (at ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha/)
> which includes refinements of ftp-data transfer:
>
>  - SIGXFSZ handling
>  - improved abortion of data transfer (ABOR command)
>  - faster data relay (reduced delay by poll())
>  - displaying the size of huge files in 2GB < size < 4GB

So the maximum limit has increased from 2GB to 4GB if I'm reading this
correctly. Would this still mean that it's still not possible to
transfer, say, a DVD ISO image at 4.7GB ?

Thanks for looking into this.

-S