Article delegate-en/3231 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File size issue with FTP cache
22 May 2006 09:00:04 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Steve,

you Steve Brown <ps4gabdyi-h3lluoejmrxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Yutaka Sato wrote:
 |> Are you sure that the file system of your host of DeleGate is able to
 |> manipulate a file larger than 2GB?  My RedHat7.1 on VirtualPC cannot
 |> do it, and caching-FTP-DeleGate does abort when trying to write more
 |> than the limit.
 |
 |Yes I tested that seperately. The actual Filesystem does not have any
 |restrictions at all. I copied a 4.4GB ISO image from a DVD onto the same
 |filesystem, and did an MD5 hash on the result. It was correct.

I think it depends on with which command (system call) you did it.
If you did it with the "cp" or "cat" command on the same host where
DeleGate runs, then it shows some hint.

 |I'll apply your patch and test.

The patch for Steffen does not include the handling of SIGXFSZ signal.
I uploaded 9.2.2-pre1 (at ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha/)
which includes refinements of ftp-data transfer:

 - SIGXFSZ handling
 - improved abortion of data transfer (ABOR command)
 - faster data relay (reduced delay by poll())
 - displaying the size of huge files in 2GB < size < 4GB