Article delegate-en/3229 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File size issue with FTP cache
20 May 2006 22:04:11 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Steve Brown <ps4gabdyi-5sbstgglvwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |There would appear to be an issue when using Delegate as an FTP proxy,
 |with cacheing ON. When a user downloads a file larger than 2GB, the file
 |download quits at the 2GB point, everytime.
 |
 |This is still the case with delegate-9.2.1.
 |
 |When the caheing function is turned off, the problem goes away, so I
 |guess the problem is within the cache process.

Are you sure that the file system of your host of DeleGate is able to
manipulate a file larger than 2GB?  My RedHat7.1 on VirtualPC cannot
do it, and caching-FTP-DeleGate does abort when trying to write more
than the limit.

The abortion can be escaped by catching the SIGXFSZ signal.  It could be
ignored silently, or a huge file might be represented in several partial
files as follows.

 ./file
 ./file#0x80000000
 ./file#0x100000000

Anyway DeleGate should have a configuration parameter to limit maximum
size of data allowed to be cached ...