Article delegate-en/320 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: running delegate from inetd - help!
03 Mar 1999 02:20:15 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/03/99(07:24) you Steve Mane <phiaqbdyi-dyd2yvb7a6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A319@delegate-en.ML_>
 |>In inetd.conf, you must give an argument list including the argument 0
 |>for an invoked program (See: % man inetd.conf) Thus your example must
 |>be like this:
 |>
 |>dhttp  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/local/sbin/delegated delegated SERVER=http RELIABLE="10.52.4.[2-9]"
 |
 |Hello again,
 |	Although I am still having the same problem, I think I've made some
 |progress.  It looks like when delegated is activated from inetd it doesn't

What did make the progress? SIGHUP? reboot?

 |know what port to put itself on.   The reason I think this is because in the
 |/var/spool/delegate/log directory it isn't making a logfile called 8096xxxx
 |file.  It's making a file named "0" (without the quotes).  The errors in the

It is the normal behaviour of DeleGate.  A recent message in this archive
"http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate/276" entitled "Re: invoking
DeleGate from inetd" may be helpful to know about it.

 |log file are as follows:
 |03/02 17:04:51.04 [1768] 0+0: Exit (-1) PSTITLE(delegated) failed(-1) errno=2
 |It repeats that line for every time I try to use the proxy.  I couldn't find
 |anything in the docs that tells me what error 2 is.  Any ideas?   Thanks!

"errno" means system error number (see: % man errno). Values of
errno are defined usually in "/usr/include/sys/errno.h" and I
suppose the errno 2 is ENOENT (No such file or directory) independently
of your platform.  This message is put by DeleGate on the way of
execvp().  So I suppose that "delegated" is not in the command PATH of
"nobody".  If it is true, you will solve the problem giving absolute
path of DeleGate as the argument 0 in inetd.conf like this:

dhttp  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/local/sbin/delegated /usr/local/sbin/delegated SERVER=http RELIABLE="10.52.4.[2-9]"

Anyway you should test your command before you put it into inetd.conf,
in the same environment which inetd will give to the command it invokes,
for example like "su nobody; cd /; delegated SERVE=http .... -Pxxx"
in your case.