Article delegate-en/3184 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Hostlist wildcard for unqualified domain name?
09 Apr 2006 14:22:56 GMT Snow <pnygabdyi-kp76qhsa2elr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato wrote:
>  |Is there any way to match unqualified domain names? I'm trying to add a
>  |dns resType to my RESOLV argument that only matches unqualified names;
>  |so that FQNs go to one DNS server and non-FQNs go to a different one.
>  |Unfortunately *.* matches even names without a ".".
>
> In the current implementation, "*.*" is expanded to "[0-255].[0-255]"
> to match with any IP address.  To suppress the inrepretation as an IP
> address, prefix "-" to a host name or a host name pattern as "-*.*".

Thanks Yutaka, that got it working for me.

As a side-note DGROOT=. doesn't seem to work if the binary is not in the
PATH or includes the extension. I'm using Windows XP SP2.

eg

dg9_1_1 DGROOT=.         # works
dg9_1_1.exe DGROOT=.     # doesn't work
bin\dg9_1_1 DGROOT=.     # doesn't work

It doesn't matter to me, but I thought I'd mention it.

--
Snow