Article delegate-en/3163 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: newbie question: content rewriting HTTP/HTTPS proxy
27 Mar 2006 18:44:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/27/06(23:05) you Martin Vetter wrote in <_A3162@delegate-en.ML_>
 |> You can access to https://serv/ as if it is at http://serv/
 |> via a DeleGate as a HTTP proxy, acting as a HTTPS/HTTP gateway for
 |> a specified server, with the following parameter:
 |>
 |>   MOUNT="http://serv/* https://serv/* FSV=sslway"
 |>
 |> You can use filters like FTOCL="..." together with this gateway.
 |
 |works great, thank you :o)

It might not be so great because

 - you will come to be unable to access real "http://serv" with this MOUNT

 - it does not work when "http://serv/dir" is accessed instread of
   "http://serv/dir/"

 - it does not work when full-URL a "https://serv/..." is in a anchor
   somewhere in response data

Since these have been problems to be solved for years, I made a tentative
version to solve them as "delegate9.2.0-pre1.tar.gz" and uploaded it to
<URL:ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/alpha/>
With 9.2.0-pre1, you can do generic MOUNT for arbitrary server hosts as:

  STLS=fsv:https  MOUNT="http://https.* https://*"

You can access to the HTTPS port of a server by prefixing "https." to
the host name as this:

  http://https.serv1  -> https://serv1
  http://https.serv2  -> https://serv2

while you can access each HTTP port as is:

  http://serv1        -> http://serv1
  http://serv1        -> http://serv2

This prefix string "https." can be specified as you like in the MOUNT.

By the way, if you are using DeleGate as a gateway, or reverse proxy,
these has been supported in the former versions as this:

  STLS=fsv:https  MOUNT="/https/* https://*"

With this, "http://DeleGate/https/serv1" will be forwarded to
"https://serv1".