Article delegate-en/3160 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] newbie question: content rewriting HTTP/HTTPS proxy
24 Mar 2006 15:24:24 GMT Martin Vetter <pnieabdyi-hugik5vq4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

hi,

I would like to rewrite the HTML delivered by a
remote HTTP server, which is redirecting users to a
remote HTTPS server after successful login.

I was able to rewrite the HTML served via HTTP
deploying delegate as an HTTP proxy, using something like:

   delegate -P... SERVER=http FTOFCL=my-cfi.sh ...

but I couldn't get filtering/rewriting to work with
HTML delivered via HTTPS.

is it possible to set up delegate as HTTP/HTTPS proxy
in such a way that HTML content delivered both via HTTP and HTTPS
is piped and modified through the defined filter?

btw, i'm using delegate 9.1 running on Mac OS X 10.4 and
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9. I looked through the manual,
the SSL and TLS readme pages and the mailing list,
but I couldn't find an obvious solution.
running delegate as a gateway mounting the remote
HTTP and HTTPS server didn't work for me.

I'm sure I missed something or didn't configure delegate correctly,
so every hint or pointer would be appreciated ...

regards :o)

Martin Vetter

Martin Vetter (ilink)
mailto:pnieabdyi-hugik5vq4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org