Article delegate-en/315 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: running delegate from inetd - help!
02 Mar 1999 06:36:26 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A314@delegate-en.ML_>
on 03/02/99(14:22:10)
you phiaqbdyi-auoevherzonr.ml@ml.delegate.org (Steve Mane) wrote:
 |dhttp  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/local/sbin/delegated SERVER=http RELIABLE="10.52.4.[2-9]"
 |
 |If I run this from a shell (adding the -Pxxxx) it works perfectly, but when I try to access it from inetd I get this response on my client browser:
 |
 |PSTITLE: Could not execute COMMAND: SERVER=http
 | with the OWNER uid/gid: nobody/nobody(nobody/nobody)
 | at the DIR: /
 |You should check that you can execute the COMMAND
 | at the DIR with the access right of the OWNER.
 |proc_title_init: No such file or directory
 |
 |What's going on??  I've tried to figure out the exact meanings in the documentation, but it's difficult..does anyone have an example they can email me?  Thanks!

In inetd.conf, you must give an argument list including the argument 0
for an invoked program (See: % man inetd.conf) Thus your example must
be like this:

dhttp  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/local/sbin/delegated delegated SERVER=http RELIABLE="10.52.4.[2-9]"